Friday, October 26, 2012

The Blame Game

On Thursday nights, I have History Revival class. Its pretty awesome, we learn about people and the effect they have had on revival. Its a super tough class, and I am definitely the youngest person there. It's a two hour class, so we usually have a 10 minute break in between. Last night, Mr and Mrs. Scherer (an amazing couple I have known for a majority of my life) asked if they could pray for healing. To my surprise, the whole class wanted to pray. I thought, "Awesome, revival in revival class. God you are so cool like that."
After a good fifteen minutes of prayer, it was clear to me that I felt just as sick as when we started. Even though my body wasn't completely healed, I felt a peace, and I was just thankful to have a class that loves me enough to pray for me. It's hard to get out of bed and go to class, so little things like this make it feel worth it. I felt encouraged and grateful.

 Maybe five minutes after we sat down, two people began to ask questions about healing. The two people said, "We can all have faith, but if she [referring to me] doesn't have enough faith, we aren't going to see a miracle". After standing for 15 minutes, I was to exhausted to rebuttal. But I thought "not enough faith?? haha you clearly don't know me."

 First, I firmly believe that God is the Healer. I know that at any second all He has to say is one word and I am healed. There is no need to question my faith. I wake up every day knowing that I will dance again. Its my faith that keeps me going, my faith that keeps me strong. Second, there are so many examples in the Bible where people did not have faith and God still did a miracle. Look at the Israelites leaving Egypt, God still parted the sea. Jonah fleeing his calling, God still brought him to Ninevah. Thomas and the disciples, Jesus still rose from the dead. My God is omnipotent, that means that He is all powerful. He can do whatever He wants.

After class, Jorrel pulled me aside to remind me that. I don't know what those people in class where trying to do. Make me feel bad? Try to put the blame on someone? In the end, I don't feel bad for me. I don't care if they think I don't have enough faith. I am a living testimony of faith! I feel bad for them. Just because God doesn't answer your payer the way you want Him to doesn't mean He isn't healing. I feel bad that they thought they had to make excuses for an omnipotent God, by blaming someone's faith. In the end, God can heal me right now or He can use a surgeon as a tool. No matter what He does, He is God, so why question His ways?

The two things I learned last night was that its awesome to see people like Mr. Scherer step out in faith. I encourage everyone too. It was a blessing to have him pray for me, and I know that my healing is coming. Second, I am thankful for people who know me enough to tell me not to listen to discouraging people. I am thankful for Jorrel and the fact that he spoke up. When people are sick, they don't need people blaming them, they need people like Mr. Sherer and Jorrel to stand beside them.

 I hope that today, if you are sick, you know that there are people standing with you and agreeing with you in prayer. And if you are healthy, I pray that you continue to support your loved ones going through a tough time. Today, take time to remember, God is the healer, and every day is a miracle.
With hope and love,
Jesalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment