Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Big Question

Today, before class. I went to the church early to pray. My favorite place to be with God is in front of the church at the cross. I sat on top of my car, wrapped in my blanket as I talked to God. As I was praying, one of my girls drove by and stopped her car. I told her to get out. We had a quick conversation. Both of us sick, and I am sure both of us weak. We began to cry, and the only thing that she got out of her mouth was, "Why?"

 Its hard to think about being sick. We question God. Why us? Why now? I am just a girl. I can't do it. I can't lie; sometimes I ask God the same thing. But then I am reminded of Job. He lost everything. He was sick. It was so bad, that he wanted to die. (And anyone facing physical pain knows the feeling). When God finally answered Job, He takes three chapters to remind Job that God is God. He has everything in control.

 In the end, God knew that Job was strong enough to get through his pain. With our lives, God is in control. He is the same God that created the earth, and the same one that holds the sun in its place. He knows what we are going through, and He knows we can get through it.

So I have learned to stop asking, "Why is this happening to my life?" Instead I ask, "What can I do with the life I have?" In the end, we can't control what happens to us, but we can control how we look at the situation. Instead of walking in pity, we need to walk in strength. I pray for strength over you all. I pray that we continue to know that our lives have purpose, even in sickness.
With hope and love,
Jesalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment