Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Romeo and Juliet Caused SIX Deaths.

My least favorite story of all time is Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet. Its about two kids who "fall in love" and then kill themselves in a span of five days. What I hate most about it is Romeo. He starts off by being madly in love with Juliet's cousin names Rosaline. Then the same night he falls in love with Juliet! Then they start lying and people start dying and it becomes this whole mess just because two people took their lives into their own hands.

From my perspective, it's not a love story. I see it as a warning of what happens when you take life into your own hands. I look at the differences in my life from the past month and the present. Last month my biggest problems were finding a full time job and being heart broken. Now my biggest worries have to do with dealing with hospital visits, constant pain and just finding the strength to get out of bed.

I think, like most young Christians, I tend to pray and want to walk in the way God has desired for me. We always pray, "God have Your way". Yet we question Him when things aren't going the way we would like them to go. I remember being so upset for not having a full time job and so heart broken when my relationship didn't go the way I felt it should. But now, I couldn't even imagine dealing with what I am going through with those factors in the equation. I had to cut back on almost every part of my life to focus on my health.

Looking back, God wasn't trying to be harsh. He was trying to ease the sudden blow of sickness. I know that this is a season. And I am thankful to God that He has me in His hands. I am thankful that He knows what I am gonna deal with today, this season and the rest of my life. I am thankful that He has a plan for me. I know that this might not be the ideal life for a 24 year old. But this is the life I have been given. I know that when we suffer, He suffers.  And I also know that He works all things together for the good. I know that I am learning strength and reliance on God. My faith grows every day and His promises become more apparent as well.

One day I will live a full life. I know that I will be an awesome creative arts director. I know that I will travel the country effecting people's lives through the arts. I have faith that one day I will have an awesome man of God by my side who is gonna be freakin legit. And I know that I know that one day I will be one hundred percent healthy. So instead of taking my life into my own hands, like Romeo and Juliet, I choose to continue to trust God and put my faith and hope in His promises. I pray you do the same as well. I pray you take time to reflect on your life and everything that God has brought you through. Know that He has your future in His hands, and know that it is gonna be awesome. So continue to trust God, even in your time of pain, because God knows what He is doing.
With hope and love,
Jesalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment