Thursday, October 25, 2012

First Things First, Why start a blog?

The past two weeks I have been struggling with my illness. I have bone metastasis in my humorous. Basically I have a tumors growing in and breaking my bone. One of the first medical symptoms of it is "excruciating pain". I have battled this for four years now, and this is the second time I am going to be going to surgery. The first time I was very quit about it. I was going to do the same until two weeks ago.

 Every Sunday I have had the privilege of mentoring a group of junior girls at my church. This week, one of my girls began to open up about her illness. In this moment, I realized that there are so many young girls that struggle with their every day health, and they feel alone in it. I am writing this to encourage them and to let them know that with God, we can conquer all. 

At this point, every day is a struggle. I feel sick and weak. It hurts to get up in the morning and it hurts to sleep at night. That is why for me, every day is a miracle. This blog is dedicated to the two girls in my small group that wake up every day facing their illness. This is for every person who is scared to face the physical pain and exhaustion of their day. This is for the person who know how it feels to walk around a hospital and feel at home. I pray that this allows people to be encouraged. If you are going through something similar, you need to know that you are not alone. God is in control. 

To my two girls, you are beautiful, you are loved, and you are strong. 
With hope and love,
Jesalyn

1 comment:

  1. I Am Tomas Q.
    I was accepting hot food at the Extended hand that you were miraculously attended.
    Just I want to say thanks ..Gracias

    ReplyDelete