Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Pushing Through the Crowd

I love our youth ministry.There has been many times when we go to concerts or events where there is a crowd right before the stage. As soon as it is permissible, our youth usually rush the stage to get to the front. I am sure growing up I did the same, but now, as a leader, the only reason I have to push through the crowds is when I have to get to someone. Have you ever had to push through a crowd to get to one person or even to just experience the one-on-one feel with the person on the stage?

The other morning I woke up and the first thought that came to my mind is, "I did it". I realized I finally pushed through. There are times in our lives when we have to push through our sickness to reach the healing God has promised us. There is still months of physical therapy and even a chance of recurrence, but I know by faith that I am healed. Over this process, I have had the opportunity to talk to so many young people who have struggled with sickness, depression and life's pain. And I have been praying for you guys nonstop.

I want to bring you back to the biblical story of the woman with the issue of blood. She was sick for twelve years. In that time, people who were sick lived on the outside of town, unable to live normal lives. Their society looked down on them and labeled them outcasts. The more of you I talk to, the more I see the loneliness and hopelessness that is brought on by your struggle. But I want to remind you of one thing. We aren't called to live by society's labels or even the labels we give ourself.

This woman had to push through the same people that labeled her as an outcast, she had to push through her twelve year mentality of her sickness, depression and pain. And thats just what we need to do. It's not easy. In fact, its probably one of the hardest things you will have to do in your sickness. But it's worth it once you touch the hem of Jesus' garment.

Jesus tells her, that her faith has healed her. She didn't live by societies label, she didn't live by her sickness. Her actions prove that she knew she would be healed. Our actions should speak the same way.

So today I pray as you touch the screen and read this prayer, you prepare for your healing. I truly believe that healing is going to flow through each and everyone of you. All we need to do is walk by faith and reach the hem of our Savior.


Heavenly Father,
I pray that right now, Your healing power will overflow in us. As we reach out for our miracle, allow us to see Your promises. I pray that You show up in a new way. Renew our hearts and our minds. I pray for the chains of depression to be broken right now. Allow Your joy to overflow. God, show them Your purpose. I pray for the sick to be healed. For tumors, aches, breaks, colons, epilepsy, intestinal and stomach issues, asthma to be taken off of these young bodies in the name of JESUS. By Your stripes we are healed. I pray for the pains of live that have consumed so many to be taken. I pray for deliverance, for protection and for strength. Allows us to touch Your hem. As we push through our society's labels and as we push through the doubt in our mind, meet us here. Release Your power. In Jesus name. Amen.


I hope that tonight you receive your miracle. I hope that you will push through the doubt and the labels, and see yourself as healed.
With love and hope,
Jesalyn


Mat 9:20-22; Mar 5:25-34; Luk 8:43-47

No comments:

Post a Comment